What is this form?
Deductions allows an Administrator the ability to view and edit benefit information relating to your employees. As an employer, you will be allowed to add/cancel benefit deductions, garnishments, and reoccurring deductions.
Why/when to use this form?
Use this form to:
- View the current deductions and/or garnishments by employee
- Add or cancel benefit enrollments for your employees
- Start or stop garnishments
- Add or cancel reoccurring deductions such as company loans, uniform deductions, auto allowances, etc.
Tips from Your CBS Pros:
- When adding a benefit deduction, always select the Action/Current Status as Elected. This will change to Enrolled once you save the changes.
- When canceling benefit deductions, always select the Action/Current Status as Declined
- The Start date of the deduction should always be the first day of the pay period associated with the payroll that deductions should begin or end.
How to use this form:
Deductions allows the Administrator to view and edit benefit information for the employees that he/she manages. The Benefits tab is view only. If changes are needed please to go the Enrollments tab.
Enrollments tab allows the Administrator to view and edit benefit information for the employees that he/she manages. When enrolling employees, you will need to make sure the Coverage, Start, and Action/Current Status are all updated. The frequency and Stop will automatically populate based on the plan set up. It’s important to select your Action/Current Status as Elected when you are enrolling an employee. Once you complete the enrollment, click the icon. The elected status will then change to Enrolled.
If you are canceling a benefit deduction, you will need to make sure the Start and Action/Current Status’ are updated. The Action/Current Status selection should always be Declined when stopping deductions. Once you complete the changes, click the icon.
Garnishments tab allows the Administrator to view and edit garnishment information for the employees that he/she manages. When adding a new garnishment click on the sign and complete the required fields. Once all the information has been entered click the icon.
Other tab allows the Administrator to view and edit reoccurring deduction information for the employees that he/she manages. To add a new deduction, click the and complete the required fields Assignments, PC, Frequency, Start date, and Orig Entered then click . Typically, loans will require you to add the declining balance, goal amount, and per pay amount. Once the deduction reaches the goal amount it will automatically stop. To add the amounts you will need to first save the new deductions that is being added. If additional amounts are needed, those fields will open for you to update.